“NBA isn’t MLB. At the end of the day, this analytic stuff doesn’t work in basketball.”
- Former coach Larry Brown.
Yeah, stats lie….
“I’m calling on the Supreme Leader of North Korea or as I call him ‘Kim’, to do me a solid and cut Kenneth Bae loose.”
- Dennis Rodman on Twitter to his ‘good friend’ Kim Jong Un, the North Korean dictator, to do him a ’solid’ and release American prisoner Kenneth Bae. Bae, a devout Christian who worked as a tour operator near the China-North Korea border, was sentenced to 15 years of hard labour earlier this month for undisclosed ‘hostile acts’.
“Is Tom Thibodeau fun to play for? I wouldn’t . . . eh . . . no. Let’s not get carried away.”
- Chicago’s Joakim Noah when asked if it’s fun playing for coach Tom Thibodeau.
If a coach is ‘fun’ to play for, he’s probably not a great coach.
“player, can you pass a drug test? [grabs table] TODAY?!?”
“anyone who is projected ahead of U that U think U R better than?” ALL OF THEM “Have you ever seen them play?” NEVER”
- Houston GM Daryl Morey on Twitter revealing some of the best interview answers he’s ever heard from prospective draft picks.
“Losses have an amazing property for us. It cleans the wax out of our ears.”
- Miami’s Shane Battier after the Heat won Game 3 in Indiana, having previously dropped Game 2 at home.
Yeah, it does appear that they need that from time to time.
“It was clear to us that Larry’s track record in Atlanta … make him the right choice to lead our club.”
- Bucks GM John Hammond on hiring former Atlanta head coach Larry Drew.
Is their mandate to be mediocre? It sure looks like it.
“No offense to New York, but I’m so, so happy I didn’t fall to them in the draft.”
- The Warriors’ Steph Curry. Curry was selected 7th in the 2009 draft; New York had the 8th pick.
“There’s been general talk to consider expansion in the future after the TV deal is negotiated.”
- NBA Commissioner David Stern after the relocation committee voted in favour of the Kings staying in Sacramento, opening the possibility that Seattle could still get an NBA franchise via expansion.
Expansion? That’s nuts; if anything, they should be contracting.
Read the rest…