DJ Leon Smith: The Spurs are the personification of that “well-oiled unit” (no homo, shoutout to Roy Hibbert) sporting cliché that gets thrown about way too often. Pop calls the shots, Tim Duncan buys into it, and it filters through the rest of the team. They’re a team that never beats themselves, and because they’ve [...]
“NBA isn’t MLB. At the end of the day, this analytic stuff doesn’t work in basketball.”
- Former coach Larry Brown.
Yeah, stats lie….
“I’m calling on the Supreme Leader of North Korea or as I call him ‘Kim’, to do me a solid and cut Kenneth Bae loose.”
- Dennis Rodman on Twitter to his ‘good friend’ Kim [...]
A weekly wrap of the things you should know in basketball.
* LeBron James rallies the troops, gets angry.
* CBSSports’ Ken Berger says flopping is out of control in these playoffs, despite the new rules. I agree, get that shit out of the game.
* Flop Opera with Shane Battier.
* TrueHoop’s Henry Abbott explains why Gregg [...]
What flopping policy?
Best bench cheerleader in the NBA, and it’s not close.
During today’s Game 4 closeout between the San Antonio Spurs and Memphis Grizzlies, ESPN commentator Jeff Van Gundy revealed his man crush on Patty Mills. The exchange occurred late in the first quarter as Tony Parker went to the bench. Here’s what Van Gundy had to say:
You know what I love too, Patty Mills. Who [...]
Where has LeBron’s post game gone?
(Note: This was written on Sunday night prior to Game 3, so needless to say I watched today’s demolition with LeBron wrecking havoc in the post, with particular joy. This about-face in strategy was clearly orchestrated, and as I’ve been writing for some time now, why they don’t do [...]
Epic!! Welcome to the club, Paul George.