A weekly wrap of the things you should know in basketball.
* Grantland’s Zach Lowe tackles the Andrew Bogut contract situation. Lowe is a huge fan of Bogut; check this: “How great is Andrew Bogut? He’s so candid that even media members reading this story thought he might have behaved a tad recklessly in revealing so much. A bunch of my Twitter followers from Australia responded to a tweet about Bogut’s blunt truth-telling by saying, essentially, “This is how Aussies are, mate.” I have to visit Australia one day. You guys seem like the best people. What are you hiding, other than, like, the 50 most dangerous animal species on earth?”
* Tim Kawakami from MercuryNews.com believes $12 million per is the magic number for a Bogut extension.
* The yearly reminder that Carmelo Anthony is all about Carmelo Anthony.
* Kobe Bryant and Floyd Mayweather chewing the fat. A bit awkward.
* Gregg Popovich says Patty Mills could earn the backup point guard job.
* TrueHoop with some interesting stats on LeBron’s post game. In the 2013 postseason he averaged about four post-up plays per game. For me, considering that he is virtually unguardable down there that number is still way too low. I hope to ask LeBron a few questions on this when I visit Miami in three weeks time.
* Memphis Grizzlies’ owner Robert Pera can ball.
* Adidas are backing up the truck for Andrew Wiggins, will reportedly offer $180 million.
Tags: Whats Doin