A weekly wrap of the things you should know in basketball.
* According to GM Bob Myers the Warriors will treat Bogut “like he is 100 percent healthy” in regard to playing time for the upcoming season. Not wise, in my opinion. Given his injury history and importance to the team (in the playoffs) he should be limited to no more than 25-30 minutes a night during the regular season.
* More hilarity from Dirk Nowitzki.
* John Wall making it rain in the club. Tosser.
* Grantland on what Antawn Jamison brings to the Clippers. Essentially, very little. The Clippers aren’t serious are they? They’re going into this season with a big man rotation of Griffin/Jordan, and Mullens/Jamison/Hollins as the back-ups? There’s not one good defender among them and their three bench guys are just flat-out awful defensively. Sure, the Clippers made big strides with the Rivers/Redick/Dudley acquisitions this offseason, but they’re going to be a sieve inside and that won’t get it done against elite competition in the playoffs. To be considered a legit contender they have to address this.
* Here’s the trailer for ‘NBA 2K14′.
* An interesting interview with Patty Mills.
* In the wake of his retirement, BDL’s Kelly Dwyer sums up the career of Tracy McGrady. Basically, he got a bad rap.
* Zach Lowe drills down on the Portland Trail Blazers and examines their team building strategy and options going forward.
Tags: Whats Doin