A weekly wrap of the things you should know in basketball.
* This may be one of the strangest things you will ever see on a basketball court. A coach in France tries to strip the ball away from an opposing player in the dying seconds of a tied game. And after receiving a tech, he actually protests his innocence. That’s a new one.
* Patty Mills’ towel moves show up in a San Antonio newspaper.
* This is hilarious. A Phoenix Suns fan is caught on camera nodding off during a game. I don’t blame him.
* Warriors beat man Marcus Thompson II from the Contra Costa Times says Andrew Bogut is living up to the hype.
I was gobsmacked by this line though: “But Bogut has been every bit the difference-maker the Warriors hoped for when they gave up their franchise player for him.”
* I highlight all his good stuff so it’s only fair I cover the other side – here’s Bogut going for a monster statue of liberty dunk only to be denied by the great man, Timmy D.
* Some amazing footage of Wilt Chamberlain.
* Robert Sacre has a Snoop Dogg tattoo on his torso.
* The NBA is getting lax on the flopping rule.
* I’ve been bangin’ on about this for a while – the absurdity of the NBA regular season schedule – and now Henry Abbott from TrueHoop weighs in on the issue with this terrific piece.
* Marc Gasol plays crazy defense with his shoe.
* A fan picks his nose and then winks to the camera.
* In case you missed it here’s footage of the fan in Cleveland – wearing a “We Miss You, LeBron” t-shirt – running onto the court during the Cavs vs. Heat game.