A weekly wrap of the things you should know in basketball.
* Michael Kidd-Gilchrist with a massive dunk over Greg Monroe.
* Ball Don’t Lie’s Kelly Dwyer absolutely nails the Thomas Robinson trade. The title of his piece tells the story: “The Sacramento Kings, weirdly, send Thomas Robinson to the Houston Rockets.”
* DeAndre Jordan with a very, very bad free throw. Just so you know, he gets paid $11 million per year to play basketball.
* I’m not a fan of All-Star Weekend, but those warm-up jackets showcasing the players’ career accomplishments were mad.
* Grab a beer, find a comfy spot and have a read of this terrific ESPN article on Michael Jordan. It’s a priceless insight into the mind of the 50 year old legend and what makes him tick today. An epic piece but you won’t regret taking the time.
* So, apparently leather sweatpants are in. For some people, anyway.
* A classic Q&A with Sir Charles.
* An excellent feature by Pounding the Rock on Patty Mills and his charitable endeavors.
* Michael Jordan speaks to Ahmad Rashad in this mini doco.