A weekly wrap of the things you should know in basketball.
* Check out this bizarre incident – Toronto’s Amir Johnson wrestles for the ball with a ref after a free throw, gets ejected AND then throws his mouthguard at the ref.
* Kevin Love sounds off on the Timberwolves. Wow!! Unless they’re a legit title contender in a year or two (not gonna happen) Love’s a goner. If the T-Wolves were smart (they’re not; if they were, they wouldn’t be in this mess) they would give serious consideration to making a pre-emptive strike, similar to what Utah did with Deron Williams.
* What will Andrew Bogut’s return mean for the streaking Warriors?
* In a Chinese league game some dude gives Tracy McGrady the ‘Mutombo finger wag’ and T-Mac responds by elbowing him in the chest. Fair call.
* Andrew Bynum speaks. Perhaps he shouldn’t have. Here’s what he said: “Health is going to be an issue. There’s nothing I can really do about it. It’s arthritis in the knees. Cartilage is missing. That’s not going to regrow itself. Maybe in the future, the next three to five years, there may be something out there that really does help. For right now, it’s a waiting game.” Yowza!!
* J.R. Smith’s game winner against Charlotte.
* O.J. Mayo says DeMarcus Cousins has ‘mental issues’. Tell us something we don’t know.
* Steph Curry puts a wicked fake on the Bobcats’ Jeff Taylor (at the 0.24 second mark).
* Hoopshype’s Charley Rosen takes aim at the NBA’s biggest ‘softies’. I think he omitted one – Carlos Boozer.
* How are the Orlando Magic winning games? They have a go-to play.
* Russell Westbrook stuffs Roy Hibbert.
* I think Raymond Felton got a bit carried away in Melo’s absence (check his shot attempts).
* Andy Varejao with a big dunk on Jordan Hill.
* With the harsh new tax penalties on the horizon the Miami Heat may need to part with one of their stars in 2014.