A weekly wrap of the things you should know in basketball.
* A night on the town in Shanghai with the Miami Heat.
* Jeremy Evans with an insane block and dunk. Could that be the Play of the Year already?
* I think we can kiss goodbye to Andrew Bogut being ready for the season opener. He’s yet to practice or play in a preseason game and coach Mark Jackson said he’s “still a ways away” from being ready.
* Check out this hilarious account of the New York Knicks’ Tip-Off Event. It was supposed to be a fan forum type deal but ended up being nothing more than your typical Knicks’ fluff; i.e. ‘entertainment’ over basketball. As the author said: “They took Knicks fans for fools, the same thing they have been doing the past decade”. Here’s another excerpt: “[Tina] Cervasio asked the older players how they are able to play at their age. Rasheed Wallace answered it was because ‘they took care of their bodies.’ Nearly all the players on stage started laughing out loud since Wallace is so out of shape that he can’t even scrimmage.”
* Speaking of the Knicks, here’s a typically witty (and spot-on) preview of the Bockers by the boys over at BDL.
* Perry Jones drops the hammer on Tyrus Thomas.
* Another rookie, Jonas Valanciunas with a big slam.
* How did Kevin Love break his hand? Doing knuckle push-ups of course.
* Some footage of LeBron James working on his skyhook.
* ESPN’s Jackie MacMullan with a terrific piece on Rajon Rondo. Turns out he’s a first class leader.
* Check out Drew Gooden’s ‘hair’.
* Mark Cuban in a Sketchers ad. Why does he need to flog products?
* Some dude hits a crazy sidearm 55-foot buzzer-beating 3-pointer in a Spanish league game.
* Former Sydney Kings star Julian Khazzouh has been cut by his Polish club, Prokom Gdynia.