A weekly wrap of the things you should know in basketball.
* Dwight Howard took out a full page ad in an Orlando paper to thank the city and it’s fans - “Words cannot express the love that I have for Orlando” was his best line. This guy has no idea. I’d imagine that “Rack off” was probably the general sentiment from Orlando fans in response to it.
* Jeremy Lin and David Lee go shrimp fishing in Taiwan…..in a skanky indoor pool.
* Check out this footage of the NBA’s 1972 one-on-one tournament. It will probably never happen but that would be an awesome addition to All-Star weekend, instead of the assortment of other garbage that we’re subjected to (ex. rookie/sophomore game, skills challenge etc.).
* Deron Williams takes on a couple of kids at a local court in Brooklyn.
* Grantland with a fascinating mini documentary featuring Royce White on draft day.
* Rajon Rondo autographs a baby.
* Iman Shumpert attends an 80s party.
* Hoopspeak puts the legacy of Allen Iverson under the microscope.
* Kevin Durant ballin’ and dunking in Hong Kong. Question: why can’t these guys come here?
* Tony Parker drills a halfcourt shot and wins some kid a watch.