A weekly wrap of the things you should know in basketball.
* Carried out of a nightclub off his face; crashes his SUV into a telephone pole almost killing himself; taken to hospital; arrested and charged with DUI. That’s your new ‘leader’, New York Knicks?
* LeBron James’ new go-to move.
* In a Sports Illustrated interview Jeremy Lin weighs in on his move to Houston.
* Kyrie Irving challenges Kobe to a game of one-on-one for 50k (for charity), and then they talk some smack for a while.
* Rudy Fernandez holds a basketball camp and leads a rendition of the ‘Party Rock Anthem’.
* Carmelo Anthony puts his foot in it again, saying the contract offered to Jeremy Lin by Houston was “ridiculous” (it’s true, but you don’t say that about a teammate). Uh, Carmelo, 80% of all NBA player contracts are ridiculous, including your own.
* Not sure if this was set up or not, but some Laker hoons pass Steve Nash a beer whilst driving alongside his ride in L.A.
* Charles Barkley regales a locker room about how he tried to get Dirk Nowitzki to attend Auburn.
* True Hoop’s Henry Abbott foresees some issues with Nash in L.A.
* President Obama hangin’ out and chewin’ the fat with Team USA.
* A fascinating interview with Kobe Bryant.