A weekly wrap of the things you should know in basketball.
* Andrew Bogut’s left arm is longer than his right arm. Freaky.
* Luxury taxes mean squat to Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov; he’s known to make $20-30 million PER DAY!
* Man of God (and husband and father) Mark Jackson has been caught with his hand in the cookie jar – he was the target of an alleged extortion plot over nude photos (of his junk) that he sent to a stripper. Yowza!
* Dirk Nowitzki taking batting practice. He’s not half bad for a German.
* From Yahoo! Sports Adrian Wojnarowski, Dwight Howard to the Lakers HAS to happen. Agree, if the Lakers really want to be a threat to the Miamis and Oklahomas, they will need Howard’s elite interior defense and agility on the pick-and-roll (imagine him catching lobs from Nash), which is something that Andrew Bynum just can’t offer.
* BDL breaks down the Steve Nash trade to the Lakers.
* An Oklahoma City Thunder-themed Suzuki for sale.
* Miami owner Micky Arison says the Heat are still losing money despite their success. Sorry Mickey but we don’t feel sorry for you.
* I called him out last week but I’ll give credit where it’s due – new Hawks GM Danny Ferry has done a heck of a job cleaning out the crud in Atlanta.
* An Atlanta Hawks fan writes a farewell letter to Joe Johnson and Marvin Williams. In essence, good riddance!