A weekly wrap of the things you should know in basketball.
* Metta World Peace reads a weather forecast on Canadian television. His best line – “Victoria, she sounds like she’s hot, but she’s actually cold”. Classic.
* Pau Gasol really really enjoyed this hug with Rafael Nadal at the French Open.
* CBS Sports’ Ken Berger shines a light on the not so good aspects of this Finals series. Hilarious.
* The Miami Heat dance to ‘MMMBop’ on their way to the NBA Finals.
* Boomers coach Brett Brown speaks on Patty Mills.
* David Stern loses it in an interview with Jim Rome, saying “Have you stopped beating your wife yet?” when asked by Rome whether the draft lottery was rigged. It’s a dumb ass question but Stern overreacted and then some.
* Mickael Pietrus hijacks a post-game interview with Brandon Bass.
* Some of the sordid details in the Monta Ellis sexual harassment suit.
* LeBron James raps to Eminem before Game 7 of the ECF.
* Check out this nasty dunk by KD in Game 1 of the Finals.
* Boston Mayor Thomas Menino refers to Kevin Garnett and Rajon Rondo as ‘KJ’ and ‘Hondo’, when asked to comment on the Celtics run. Clearly, the dude knows nothing about the Celtics, and in a sports mad city like Boston, that’s just inexcusable. I’m sure he’ll pay for it at the ballot box next time around, as well he should.
* Pat Riley and Alonzo Mourning seethe in the crowd during Game 1.
* A brilliant piece from Gothic Ginobili on LeBron James.
* John Calipari cuts Charlie Villanueva from the Dominican Republic team for being ‘overweight’. He’s actually not overweight, but Calipari being the dictator that he is just doesn’t want to deal with the guy.