A weekly wrap of the things you should know in basketball.
* Do you remember ‘Thunder’ Dan Majerle? Well, here he is at a baseball game randomly catching a ‘ground rule double’. And then he strikes a pose. Classic.
* After their Game 7 win over the Grizzlies, the Clippers snatch a giant picture of Chris Paul’s head, dressed like a baby, from the Memphis crowd. And then they celebrate with it.
* The Stephon Marbury statue is complete.
* An interesting piece from Hoopspeak on the challenges of post-play in today’s NBA.
* Surgery complete, Derrick Rose is out 8-12 months and could miss next season as a worse-case scenario. Time to re-evaluate the plan Chicago (i.e. they’re not contending until Rose returns to full health – which will now be the 2013/14 season – so they’ll need to get younger and clean out the crud, and that means getting rid of Hamilton and Boozer).