A weekly wrap of the things you should know in basketball.
* Kanye West caught ogling the New York Knicks’ cheerleaders. Can’t blame him. Not sure Kimmy K would approve though.
* Some dude sitting courtside tries to put two fingers up Marc Gasol’s butt. I’m serious.
* Former NBA string bean and washout, Keith Closs, rocks up to the Los Angeles/Memphis Game 4 wearing his old Clipper jersey. Gold. Also, check out the footage (which I haven’t seen before) of Closs getting his arse kicked by an angry mob outside an LA club during his time with the Clips. Also gold.
* Rajon Rondo is angry, this time at a cameraman.
* Carlos Boozer with quite possibly the worst pass ever.
* Thinking it was a Grizzly, Chris Paul flops when he gets lightly touched by a referee. Not a good look CP.
* The New York Knicks need to show Phil Jackson the money.
* Some hilarious high school photos of NBA stars. My favourite is the Andrew Bynum ‘Fat Albert’ pic.
* A fascinating interview with NBA referee Joey Crawford (you know, that small, bald, angry looking dude). A few snippets: “I have no idea who I gave my first technical to. I have no idea. I gave so many of them. I hate to say it, but when I first started, it was like giving candy.” And this, “One night, I hit Bill Fitch with a technical so hard, I broke my finger. My finger was all swollen. I slammed my whole hand down on it when I gave the signal.”
* A strange scene during Game 4 of the Denver/LA series, as some wacko walks onto the court during the action, apparently looking for Kenyon Martin. Yikes.
* Charlotte Bobcats’ season tickets could be as low as $43 next season. If they don’t get Anthony Davis in the draft, that’s still probably too steep.