A weekly wrap of the things you should know in basketball.
* Jason Smith decks Blake Griffin with a hip-and-shoulder Aussie Rules style.
* Serge Ibaka with this nasty rejection on Nicolas Batum.
* I’ve shown you the bad, now here’s the good; in his first appearance for Denver, JaVale McGee has a put back dunk for the game winner. Wow!
* A fascinating Q&A with Andrew Bogut on Sports Illustrated. Interesting, he fires a few shots at Milwaukee – good on him. A couple of other good reads on AB: BDL further examine the ‘injury-prone’ perception, and the San Francisco Chronicle marvel at his down to earth attitude.
* Kobe Bryant paid $329,000 for a new Ferrari.
* Tim Duncan is old and the box score says so.
* A brilliant piece by TrueHoop’s Henry Abbott, examining the real scourge of the NBA – a bad GM. It’s lengthy but well worth a read if you have the time.
* Hall of Famer Dennis Rodman is apparently ‘broke’, ‘extremely sick’ and can’t pay his child support.
* Warriors’ owner Joe Lacob should embrace the booing and see it as a rite of passage.