image via nbamusings.com
ONE: Thought I’d start with a smattering of post Game 4 links highlighting what a roller-coaster of emotions these Finals have been:
- Third Quarter Collapse feels the pain
- Forum Blue and Gold is still buzzing
- The Orlando Sentinel blames Nelson’s return (me too!)
- Silver Screen and Roll writes 3,500 words to stick up for Kobe (gotta love Lakers fans)
- Dwight Howard is frustrated on his own blog
- The LA Times has the transcript for Kobe’s entire practice interview
- Anthony Johnson is pissed about not getting PT (don’t blame the guy)
- The Sport Count doesn’t blame Pietrus for his shove on Gasol… in fact they kinda liked it
TWO: An update on Patty Mills and the 2009 Draft. Also don’t forget we’re adding updates to the Patty Mills Draft Watch in the sidebar as well as via Twitter.
- Again Mills failed to make the cut in Chad Ford’s latest Mock Draft 4.0
- NBA.com credits him winner of ‘Best Speed in the Open Floor’ category
- Rob Mahoney at The Two Man Game writes a great piece on Mills, including a future statistical projection: could he be the next Jason Terry?
- Mills works out with the T-Wolves, hopes Aussies will some day “take over the NBA”
- NBAdraft.net has dropped Mills to #37 for the Spurs in the second round while Draftexpress.com sees him going #31 to the Kings
- Brandon Jennings on Ricky Rubio: “I think the dude is all hype”
THREE: A couple of amusing Miami Heat related links. Apparently Alonzo Mourning recently had some choice words on Phil Jackson, saying “I think Phil is just showing up, to tell you the truth, and Kobe is doing all the work to make this team successful.” Everyone knows I love Zo, but damn, the YouTube clip in that link is hilarious. From Zo to Wade, who recently did these skits on Jimmy Kimmel show. These clips made my day. My respect for Dwyane Wade just went up a little bit…
FOUR: It looks like Orlando Magic are open to the idea of entering luxury tax territory (for the first time) if it means they can keep the Orlando core together by re-signing Hedo Turkoglu.
FIVE: In case you haven’t see the latest Kobe-Lebron puppet ads (yes they’re still making them):
SIX: ESPN’s Daily Dime, featuring a collection of NBA Tweets, a great interview with D-Fish, and the news that LA might not be able to afford their own championship parade?!